Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Sure Way to a Happy Day

I thought I would end the month for you on a happy note and with a poem for you to ponder-- My wish for you is Happiness.

A Sure Way to a Happy Day

Happiness is something we create in our minds-
It's not something you search for and so seldom find.
It's just waking up and beginning the day
By counting our blessings and kneeling to pray.
It's giving up thoughts that breed discontent
And accepting what comes as a gift heaven-sent.
It's giving up wishing for things we have not
And making the best of whatever we've got.
It's knowing that life is determined for us
And pursuing our tasks without fret, fume or fuss...
For it's by completing what God gives us to do
That we find real contentment and happiness too.

Helen Steiner Rice


Have a blessed day, Diana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful & inspiring poem, my friend. Thank you for taking the time to post it for us. Words we could all use hearing, I'm sure. It was so nice talking with you tonight. Have a fabulous & safe holiday!

    {{{Hugs}}}

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! It went to straight to my heart!!! Thank you for sharing that my friend....
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...